Friday, April 06, 2007

The Train





Yesterday we took a ride on the old logging train. The ride takes you back in the mountians a little ways were they use to log years ago. The engine is the original one. After the ride we went geocaching for a bit then back to the rv. Today we went to the little town of Mariposa to the California Mining and Mineral Museum and the History Museum. At the mineral museum they have the largest gold nugget ever found in California. It weighs 13 LBS, what a nugget. If I cound one that size I would never have to worry about money again....lol... When we got back from our travels today, we went to talk to a guy here in the park that I was told to look up about panning for gold. We are going to go to the creek tomorrow to try our luck. He says that we should find some gold, we'll see. I hope he is right, can't wait to try it. The creek runs through the rv park so if I do any good I may just spend thhe rest of our stay here at the creek....if Louise lets me. Wish me luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Till next time
Duane and Louise

1 comment:

Tim and Carolyn said...

Hey....we will take a couple nuggets!! Sounds fun. The train ride is cool.