Saturday, April 07, 2007

No gold


Got to go on my first gold panning trip today. Bad news, didn't find any color. Color, that's what the pros call finding gold. I had to take a picture of the flower growing along the stream to get my color. Had a great time even if I didn't find any. The old guy that I went with showed me how to pan, set up a sluice box and where he thought we should find gold. He was wrong today. I shoveled sand and gravel for 3 hours, didn't find a speck. I am tired and sore from all the work but loved it. The picture is the stream we were working in, real pretty place. It is on the property of the rv park we are at. Louise spent her day picking up rocks. If she keeps picking up rocks we are going to need a bigger rv...lol.......She wants me to get her a rock polisher for her birthday. We need more hobbies....LOL.... May go back to the stream tomorrow for a bit, not sure. I hope everybody has a happy Easter and don't eat to much candy.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: