Wednesday, January 30, 2019

No Ladies Ride

On my previous buggy ride I went with our Ohio friend Barbara on a Ladies ride (see Ladies In Charge blog).  Today I went with (our other Ohio friend) her husband Gene.  


The Arizona desert was a bit chilly and we started out with extra layers and gloves.  The dust masks were an absolute must.



Today we went the opposite direction--away from Saddle Mountain.  We zigzagged around the desert floor heading north and east, crossing several little gullies of varying depths.

The first stop was to inspect what was left of a house, long departed.

 In the distance we could just make out the dome of a monastery.

As the ride progressed the roads became more rugged.  


Lunch stop in a mountain pass.

View to the right--we came up from this direction.

View to the left--we went down this way.

On the Ladies Ride we couldn't go under I10 because the tunnel was full of water.  Today it was dry.



The more challenging terrain made this ride an adventure for me.  To top it off when we took this road,  

Gene put the pedal to the metal and showed me what else his buggy could do.

Fun's over.  Chores tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

No comments: