Saturday, March 10, 2018

Not Working


The other day I came across a quote by Lin Yutang, (1895-1976).  He said:  "If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
Today I tried to see first hand if that was true.  I spent the morning in my pajamas goofing off watching "Bones"  on tv.  After heating leftovers for lunch, I tried to repeat my morning's activity.  Duane was not in the mood.  He said that we should take advantage of the mostly sunny, warm, summer-like afternoon to play pickleball.  Rats!  He shamed me into it by reminding me how much I'd been complaining of the cool, cloudy winter.  Off we went and played several games with our friend Mike and his grandson Rowdy (not sure of his age, but guess he's around 10). 

O well.  I guess I'll try to learn to live tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Life is a learning process. One day you will get the hang of it...lol