Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Good Stuff

We had some icky stuff to do today—scrub the oven, spend way too much money at the grocery, trying to keep the smell of old wood smoke from invading our house.  On the plus side, Duane had a good time at the local Y playing pickleball, (way too early for me).  I had more fun at home chatting on the phone with our soon-to-be 13 year old granddaughter Allie.  Before that I was fortunate to catch a view of the last little sliver of the old moon before it disappeared for a week.  While I was scanning the sky I saw a flash of red. Through the field glasses I was very lucky to see a passenger jet with its whole east side smoldering orange in the rising sun!!!  It was truly awesome!!!  I’d been fortunate to see a jet one time in the setting sun.   It was beautiful, but this time the plane looked as if it was on fire.  Wonderful.  To top off the day, we found  a really good pizza at a place right here in Willis Tx.  It’s an Italian restaurant called Pizza Shack and we enjoyed a great New York pizza.

All in all a pretty good day.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I bet that sight of the plane was beautiful. Sounds like a great day. We love pizza!