Friday, May 31, 2013

Surgery update

Went back to doctor for my follow-up after the surgery. The doctor said that I was healing up just fine. The tumor was malignant but they got it all. I was told that I did not need any chemo or radiation at this time. He said that I had 20%  chance of getting another one. I have to return once a year for follow-up to keep things under control. The stomach muscles are still a little sore. He said I could get back on the bike next week. In the meantime I watch tv, read, and try and figure out where we will go to next. Looks like we should be back on the road late next week or the first of the next.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

3 comments:

Paul Weaver said...

It's good news to hear they got the entire tumor and no chemo or radiation treatments!

Hope you are feeling better.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Oh very happy of you, Duane. We have been praying for complete healing and a great report. So glad they got it all.

Just because the doctor said you could start riding next week doesn't me you should go crazy doing anything you want. Be sure you are completely healed before you start acting the fool...again. lol

The Bright's said...

So You made the right decision to just have it removed... glad they got it all. I'm sure you're both ready to get on the road again... and especially that bike!
We're looking forward to hooking up and riding together again someday!