Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Quick update

I went to hospital on May 17th to have a tumor removed from my left kidney. As you see by the fact that I am blogging this, I am still alive. Setting here at the computer I have little to no pain. It is when I get up to move that it hurts a little. They used a robot to preform the surgery. I have a total of 6 incisions, the largest about 2 inches. I return to the doctor on the 28th of this month to get all the pathology results and to find out when we can hit the road again. Louise is taking really good care of me except when she makes me take walks, take deep breathes or eat lighter, she says because I'm not doing much and she don't want me to fatter. Now I say that's mean...lol.
Getting tired
Time to whine to Louise about how bad I hurt... maybe I can get her to get me some ice cream
Duane

3 comments:

Paul Weaver said...

Duane, glad to hear you are home and giving Louise a hard time! Hope the reports come back favorable and you guys can hit the road soon.

We'll be thinking about you.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Thanks so much for letting us know all went well. Paul and I couldn't remember exactly when you were going to have the surgery. Praying for a good report.

Take it easy on my friend Louise. She has a mean right and isn't afraid to use it.

The Bright's said...

Youre funny. Your wife loves you. but ya... I think you probably deserve some ice cream.
Thanks for letting us know. I almost emailed and asked you, but I didn't. Hope you are on the road again soon!