Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Carving classes

My first project
This is the first project for the week. I had never done what is called "chip carving". I spent the first day and half learning the technique required to create the patterns to embellish signs, box lids and plates. You have to be very precise in your cuts so you don't break out all the ridges that make it look good. It is not near as easy as it looks when you see a pro do it...lol I don't know if I have patience for this, we'll see. Today I started Cotton bark carving, pictures to follow.
A room full of wood carvers
Louise has been busy trying to finish a quilt that she will leave in CA. for Matt as a Christmas present. She has the rest of this week to get it done. Next week she take part in "Bead Week" here at the park. She will be learning many beading techniques.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

1 comment:

where's weaver said...

I don't think this looks easy AT ALL. Can't wait until you do your first real project. I know it will be awesome.