Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nuttin much

Hi people, as you can see we still have no pix cause we still are working and not doing much of anything else. In our spare time Duane has been sitting outside in the nice spring weather carving and I, believe it or not, have actually been working on my next quilt. I promised all 6 of our kids a queen sized quilt. This is number 5. Last Friday I selected fabric and ironed it. Saturday I measured and cut all day. Sunday, Monday and today I cut fabric in the evenings. I am almost finished. The next step is laying out. Fortunately the activities center here has plenty of room. The laying out process will take some time so it will be a while before I actually start sewing. Meanwhile we walk, visit the neighbors (I am teaching one new friend to crochet) and of course faithfully attend the ice cream socials every week. We are almost finished with our 20 hour apiece work weeks. After that will be 20 hours a week for both of us combined. (Can you hear our kids groaning about hard our life is? lol) This Thursday we are driving to Celina (Tx) to visit kids and granddaughters. We will come back with cute pix I'm sure. Until then you'll have to be patient.

Later,

Louise and Duane

No comments: