Monday, September 01, 2008

Ready for take off !!!!








We are ready to head out in the morning. I finished up working on Thursday and spent most of the time since then wondering what I am going to do with all this stuff we have accumulated in the last 7 months. I think we have it all in place for our trip to California. We tend let things sit out when we are sitting still. The carving tools, the carvings, books and all the other things we use on a regular bases seem to find a spot on the counters or dash. That spot is not conducive to traveling, so we have to find a hole to put them in for the road. We are looking forward to a new adventure. Our first day on road will be a short one. We are going about 30 miles to the Camping World to have the oil changed in the motorhome before the long drive west. Also one of the tire pressure sensors on the Jeep is bad and they are going to fix that while we are there. Pretty cool way to spend my birthday huh...lol The trip west will be about 1500 miles, but we have a month to get there. I would like to arrive the last week of September to get ourselves settled in before starting to work October 1.
I just finished these 2 carvings this week. The giraffe walking stick was made for a lady here in the park. She really liked it and so did I. The blacksmith I made for me...lol..because I wanted to. I think they both turned out pretty good.
TIll next time
Duane and Louise


No comments: