Monday, September 08, 2008

Gallup, New Mexico

Today we only drove 130 miles to Gallup, New Mexico. The first thing that I had to do this morning was find fuel filters for the coach. I found a Cummins dealer about 5 miles from where we were camped, they had them. After a lot of debate with myself as to rather I should save $100 and change them myself or let the dealer do it, greed won out. I was able to talk to a guy in the park that gave me a few hints on how to do it without causing a problem. It took me all of 20 mins. to get the job done. The best part is, it cured the lack of power I was experiencing. The coach ran like a new one all the way here. We got away this morning at 11:00AM. Just as we were getting to Gallup the bracket on the power shade on the drivers side broke and the shade came down to the dash. That made for a little excitement!! The one on the passengers side had broke on the way to Alaska so I knew what I needed to do to fix it. As soon as we got to the Wal Mart we found a good place to spend the night and I got the shade fix in short order. We plan to stay here tonight before heading to Williams, AZ and the Grand Canyon tomorrow.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: