Friday, July 25, 2008

Giraffe carving and Louise's count and cross stitch giraffe





Here are a few pics of our latest creations. My giraffe is carved out of basswood. I think it one of my best carvings to date. Tonight the man that runs the marina here in the park ordered a cane from me, my first commissioned carving.
While Duane was making his giraffe, I happened to be making mine. It is a detail on a counted cross stitch birth announcement I'm making for our (so far) youngest grandson. I think if it weren't for our projects we would be going nuts. This is the longest we have parked anywhere without touring and/or geocaching or anything! With Duane working three days a week we use our days off for shopping and other errands, then settle in doing our things. It's not as dull as it sounds. We enjoy working on our hobbies, and are making quite a few things for Christmas gifts. But after our whirlwind 11 month tour last year, we are longing to move again. O well, just another month and a half! I did make a new friend in the park, Maria Elena. We exercise together in the mornings and chat a lot. This evening we went out for pizza with her and her hubby Steve. They are fun to chat with. Later, Louise & Duane

No comments: