Monday, July 07, 2008

Eggheads

Bald guy bottlestopper
Bald guy
Horsehead cane



We're back after a short intermission. Notice the two eggheads above. About a month ago I shaved Duane's head. He got tired of paying for haircuts. Actually, I think he got impatient with waiting his turn. Also, he wanted to use haircut money for buying carving stuff. Be that as it may, I am just now getting used to him with no hair, and he's saying he needs a haircut! Also pictured is his latest creation. The head is carved from one piece of wood and mounted with dowel and glue to the cane which is made from vine-twisted sweetgum we found in our wanderings. You will notice a lack of baby Luke pix. Not my fault. We did go to Kilgore and I did get my grandma arms full of him and his big sis. We did take lots of pix. But they look pretty much the same as the ones posted, so the photographer wouldn't let me post any more. Before we leave for CA we will prolly make one more trip there and then you'll see something! Nothing much going on right now, just getting back to normal. This means we bike and walk, he works and carves, and I embroider. I don't post my work cause the things I make are for Christmas presents for people who read this. So, I will put them on after Christmas. I know, I know, you can't wait to see them, but you'll just have to suffer.

Basta por hoy! Louise and Duane

No comments: