Monday, June 11, 2007

Palmer








We are now in Palmer, Alaska. The trip from Valdez to here was as pretty as ever. Visited with the family I know that lives here in Palmer for a bit. Yesterday we went to the Independance Mine, there is a pic of it. It was one of the top producing mines in Alaska in it's day. After the mine visit we panned for gold in the river for a while, still broke ......lol Went into Anchorage today to a prospecting store to talk to the guy putting on the gold show we are going to this weekend. Then went to a fabric store so Louise could look for a few things. Planning on leaveing here on Wednesday for the gold show in Girdwood. The internet is very spotty where we are now. I drive around till I can find a hookup. Setting in a mall parking lot right now. Will post as soon as I can get a connection again.
Till next time
Duane and Louise


1 comment:

Carolyn Rector said...

it's beautiful. I am so glad that you are getting a chance to live your dreams. I am going to share your blog with the ladies at the Brown bag Program at the Tipp City Public Library on Tuesday, June 11.