Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Not much new here.

There is not much new happening here in New Mexico. Since we got back from our Dallas trip it has been work our 2 days, hang out in the park and taking rides on the motorcycle. I have put over 500 miles on the bike in the 3 weeks since I got it. I made 2 trips of over 100 miles, all the rest short trips around town just getting use to all the different road condition and the traffic. Louise rode on the back Monday for the first time. She said she had a good time and is ready for more rides. I think we will go on a site seeing trip to a ghost town near here that we haven't made it to yet. We will see what she says after a 100 mile trip....lol
Our time here is getting short. We will leaving here the end of November heading to Texas to visit the kids, take care of some doctor stuff and have Christmas with family there. We are not sure yet if we will get to Ohio over the holidays or not. Airline prices are going up and we don't have the air miles to cover it so we are thinking about driving. I am not to crazy about going there in the winter. I think they should move Christmas to June....lol, so it would warm when we got to Ohio. I guess we have to make our minds up pretty soon so we can make plans about leaving the trailer somewhere safe while we are gone. We are going to Congress, Az the first of February and will be working there till the end of April.
That's it for now
Duane and Louise

2 comments:

Paul Weaver said...

I will be staying at the Houston Elks (in Stafford) over the holidays. Marsha is flying to Ohio. I will be there until Marsha returns. That will be Dec 29th. If you decide to fly out of Houston, I can watch your 5th wheel.

Maybe we'll see you in Texas.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

You go Louise...you brave soul! Glad you are having fun on the bike.
I bought my ticket to Ohio over Christmas for $309. Do you use Kayak? If not, check it out. They compare prices from all over.