Wednesday, July 06, 2011

A HAPPENIN' PLACE!

Well, we've been in Deming at Dream Catcher (Escapees) RV Park for 2 weels now. In that time we've worked 4 days, gone to Las Cruses twice, enjoyed the holiday with a bbq and fireworks with our 'family', played games, exercised, and did chores. In other words, whatever everyone does when they are at home. Today we finally saw some wildlife besides birds and cotton tail rabbits. This little beauty of a tarantula surprised us in the driveway. I had never seen one "in the wild". I had never seen a black one before. This one would fit in my palm.

We also saw this lovely gopher snake curled under a tree. The work crew was cleaning out tumbleweeds along the fenceline and apparently disturbed this beauty. It pretended it was a rattlesnake by hissing, shaking its tail and getting into strike position.




Oh, I forgot. We saw this horned lizard outside our door on the 4th. It so nicely sat and posed. Notice its lovely white stripe. It has another on the other side of its spine. In the desert this guy and the snake would have been all but invisible.




After all this excitement we went shopping in Las Cruces and ate pretty good pizza for lunch. Back home we exercised, ate salad for supper and went to the clubhouse for a (card) game of hand and foot (aka hands and feet). Back home again, I decided to do a little ironing. I put water in the reservoir and heated up the iron. Out crawled about a hundred tiny ants! We picked them up a few months ago, but I didn't see them very often, and then only a half dozen or so. Now I know where they've been holing up! I filled and swished the reservoir a couple of times before all the ants and their eggs came out. Fortunately, my reservoir is clear, so I could see when they were all gone. What a full day. We're exhausted! Tomorrow we work, so nitey nite!




Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I would have fainted when I saw that spider. I HATE spiders. But I love the pictures.
I think you two should slow down...you are working way too much...LOL
Enjoy!