Friday, April 01, 2011

Congress visit winding down

Louise has spent the week at "bead week" here in the park. She has taken classes most days on the different stitches required to make various bead patterns. She was able to complete one of the things she has worked on. In the evenings she has been trying to get a quilt done so she can leave it in California when we are there. When she gets that done she plans to return to the beading project to finish them.
While Louise was at bead week I kept on carving. This is the latest. The mouse is 3" tall.

On Thursday I went out to desert with friend Ben looking for jasper of different colors to cut into slabs to make jewelery out of. I brought home quite a bit and now have to sort it all and pick out the pieces that I think will make the best jewelery. I hate to add any more weight to the truck but can't help myself....lol

We will relax here over the weekend after 2 weeks of go go go. On Monday we are heading for Desert Hot Springs to visit the friends we made when we worked in Ca. a couple of years ago. I have also made arrangements to meet up with Dan Graves, a friend from high school. He has lived in Southern California since he graduated from college many yeas ago. We get to see one another about every 5 years or so. It will be fun rehashing old times. Then on to San Francisco to see the kids.

Till next time

Duane and Louise

2 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

That's one of the first bead bracelets I've seen that I like. It's gorgeous!!

Oh, and your mouse is cute, too. ;-)

where's weaver said...

Great job both of you. I agree with Donna...just beautiful!