Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Made it to Knoxville

Triominoe board
With no tv, setting in a Walmart parking lot, Louise and I had a roaring game of triominoes. The bad thing is Louise beat me by 2 points in a game to 500. I sure hope we get the tv fixed soon, I won't be able to live with her if she keeps winning.
We arrived in Knoxville, TN at Buddy Gregg's RV Service center early this afternoon. They have a really nice campground for those that are here for service. Water and 50 amp electric, no sewer hookup, it's free....They are suppose to look at the trailer tomorrow. The manager said that they would have to look at everything, then call and get the go ahead from the factory to do the work. Sounds to me like we may be here a few days. We are suppose to be at our new campground job to work on Sunday. We will go up there tomorrow, or call, and find out what our schedules will be for next week. We may have to drive from here, about 25 miles, until we get everything taken care of. Hopefully they can get the parts they need and get things done on Friday but I'm not counting on it. We may have to come back here on a day off, we'll see.

The drive from Texas went really well. After a few miles, a couple of hundred, I got comfortable driving the new rig. The traffic was very light, even through the cities. Not much road construction either. We took I20 to I59 to I24 to I75 to here. The roads through LA. and AL. were concrete a lot of the way. I hate concrete roads, they are very bumpy. At times the truck and trailer set up a rhythm that was not to pleasant, but we surived. The truck pulled the hills really well. I think it stopped better then the motorhome did. In tow mode the transmition slows the truck when you take your foot off the gas. It does not pick up speed downhill like the coach did. I liked that a lot. We just need to stay off those darn concrete roads...lol. The weather has been bright and sunny all the way here. We were just behind all the rain that hit this area last week. THANK GOODNESS. They had really bad weather in the Nashville area, a lot of flooding. I don't think it was as bad here in Knoxville. The weather is almost prefect here.

We spent part of the day reloading the garage area, it didn't make take the trip here very well. I think we got it this time. More hooks and bungies, move a few things to new locations, and now we have to drive to see if it all works.

Till next time
Duane and Louise

1 comment:

Paul Weaver said...

Glad the trip went well! I hope Marsha doesn't see the trionomo game - we don't have room for it in the MH....lol.

I am anxious to hear about the campground and how the renovations are progressing. Don't forget the pics.

Enjoy your workcamp experience!

Hope to pass your way in late June.

See ya

Paul & Marsha