Friday, April 02, 2010

The BIG switch

Our new house



Our new truck
After a lot of looking and a lot contemplating we made the big move from a motorhome to a 5th wheel trailer. We had been working on several deals for a couple of months now. We decided on the Road Warrior Toy Hauler model. We are going to install cabinets in the garage part and turn it into a place I can carve in and Louise can sew in. Soooo, we bought a Chevy diesel truck to pull the trailer with. The trailer arrived here in Texas yesterday. The dealer brought it down from MI. for us. He wanted me to drive the motorhome up there too make the trade. After thinking about the long trip up there, 1300 miles, and the fact that we are still working for Escapees, I called him and told him that the deal was off. I just didn't have enough time off to make that kind of trip. He called the next day to tell me he was willing to deliver it here. The rest is history. We made a deal on the truck the next day and the trailer arrive yesterday. We have been busy trying to find place for everything that we want to keep with us. Making the change has us going through all the STUFF we have accumualated over the past 4 years and accumclate we did...lol
We had to rent a store and lock and empty all the stuff into it. Now we are making trips back and forth sorting and finding places to put things, no small task.
To make things worse, when I got back to the trailer from the storage bin, Louise came out to tell me that she smelled diesel fuel. I looked under the truck and fuel was POURING out. I called GM road service, they sent a wrecker, towed it to the dealer here. About 3 hours later I get a call that it was ready to pick up. Seems somebody at the factory forgot to tighten the fuel line and it backed way off. Lucky I made it back to campground I guess. I picked up the truck and went back to the storage for more STUFF.
We will be here in Livingston, TX till the end of April. They tell us we are going to Knoxville, TN next. We will be there till August 15th. When our time is up there we plan on doing some sight seeing till the first of the year. We put in for Cogress AZ. for the first 3 moths of next year. Not sure yet if we will get that or not.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: