Thursday, September 10, 2009

A trip to the service center


Mud daubbers nest in furnace
We took the rv to the service center in Troy for an oil change and lube. We also had them look at the front furnace that was not working. I thought there was a bad part in it and my warrenty would pay for it, BOY WAS I WRONG!! They took the furnace out and found mud daubber nests on the burner and in the heat tubes. I knew that I had had a nest in the blower, but it worked after I took that out. They had built the nests when we worked at Hidden Cove outside of Dallas last year. It worked fine till I tried to use it since we reached Ohio. I looked at it and thought it had a bad part in it so I had them work on it. Oh well.... They also checked for a slow leak in the air system, didn't find anything wrong. After $506.00 we got it back. That was for everything of course. I think I will take the back furnace out myself and check it out. This has been a rough month on the pocketbook. Insurance and repairs both this month, almost a whole retirement check. If anyone out there feels sorry for us, we are accepting donations to pay for it...LOL While the rv was in the shop, I mowed the grass for the birthday party this weekend. Madeleine will be 5 tomorrow, the party is Saturday.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: