Friday, August 08, 2008

The latest carvings


Here are the latest carvings I have finished. The cat is already off in the mail to Ohio. I am working on a cane and a walking stick that I have buyers for. The cane will have an eagles head on it. The walking stick will have a snake going up the shaft. I hope to have the cane done this weekend. I have another stick that I am suppose to have done before we head out. I need to get busy...lol
The work here is going about the same as always. This past week we spent 3 days building a bunkbed for the cabins we worked on when I first got here. The latest news on the cabins is, after all the work we did rewiring them, they are now talking about running a new electric service to them so they can install 220 airconditioners in them. Why they didn't think of that before I have no idea. If they do that, then we will have to rewire them again. I only have 3 more weeks to work here so I will not be envoled in the rewiring anyway.
Louise flies off to visit the California kids on Thursday. She will be gone for 2 weeks. She gets back on the 28th, we leave here on Sept. 2. heading to California in the motorhome. The California kids live about 450 miles from where we will spending the winter. We hope to get up to see the new baby when it arrives in December.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: