Thursday, May 15, 2008

HURRAY !!!! I'm back on line



After a month of having trouble with my internet connection, Verizon sent me a new modem. I could connect for about 2 minutes, then it would lock up, a real pain in the ***. I picked up the new modem yesterday, got it installed late last evening, working great. Seems to be faster then the old one was when it worked.
The pictures are of the latest walking stick. I am working on on a couple of others that I will post when finished. Louise finished the quilt she has been working on and started working on things for the baby boys for their birthdays. I have been working my 3 days a week in the park. They ask me if would work a few extra days in the next couple of weeks and then have a week or 2 off depending on how many days I work. I think I will do that so I can have a nice little break for a bit.

We are looking at 2 different winter jobs. One is in Thousand Palms, Ca., the other is in Blountstown, FL. The Ca. job is working in a visitor center at a nature preserve, the Fl. job is a maintenance job very much like I have now. Leaning toward the CA. job but not sure yet. I think I would like to something differnet for a while.

Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: