Saturday, April 05, 2008

Not much happening here




Not a lot going here right now. I have been working a few extra days so I will have my days covered when I go to the the carving classes a week from Sunday . Louise has been working on a quilt. She has it ready to put together as soon as she finds some place big enough to lay it out. That is one drawback to the motorhome, not room to lay it out flat. I have been carving on walking sticks. Will have a few pics to post soon. We went looking for walking stick material at Jeremy's and found a couple of interesting flowers in the woods. Not sure what either one is,but thought they were pretty enough to post. We found 7 really cool vine twisted trees to cut to carve. When I was stripping the bark on them here at the park, a guy said " I have 11 cedar walking stick I would like to get rid of ". He had stripped the bark so they were ready to carve. I bought them for a good price so I have sometnig to carve while I wait for the twisted ones to dry.
The weather was great today so I spent it on the lake fishing. The fish are just starting to bite pretty good. I am going out tomorow with a guy that says he knows the lake real well. Says he grew up fishing this lake, we'll see how that goes. I hooked a BIG one today, he got away, isn't that the way it goes....lol.... Really, I did hook a big one. I hope the guy I'm going with tomorrow can show me some things about this lake that will help. This is a pretty big lake.

Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: