Monday, October 15, 2007

Dahlonega, Georgia





We are now in Dahlonega, Georgia. Spent the month of September in Ohio visiting family and friends. While there I attended the annual blacksmithing conference in Troy. I got the Nikon camera back before leaving Ohio so I am back in the picture mode again. Dahlonega was the site of the first gold rush in the U. S. The river in the pictures runs through the campground and is suppose to have gold in it. We'll see if I can find any, wish me luck. Our plans are stay here till next Monday. They are having Gold Rush Days in town this weekend with panning contest and a lot of crafts and such. Lots of geocachs around this area. There is a national forest here with lots of trails and waterfalls. I hope to get some good pics to post. Louise has been doing quilts in our sitting time and I have trying to learn to carve. The weather is very pleasant here, cool night and warm days.

Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: