Monday, August 20, 2007

The bears of Hyder, Alaska

















We went to the boardwalk at Fish Creek National Wildlife Refuge today. Now I get to bore you with pictures of bears for a while. These are a few of the morning pics I took. We went back to the rv for lunch and I downloaded the mornings take so I could post them. We are going back in a bit so I can take more. I know you are looking forward to more bears. I have more waterfalls to. Do you want to see them?...lol The park service has built a boardwalk about 300 yards long along the stream where salmon spawn. The bears come here to feed this time of year. We were going to come here on the way to Alaska but found out that the best veiwing time was August, so here we are. All the bears in these pictures are grizzlies. I hope to get some black bears tonight. We saw 2 coming here along the road but haven't been able to get a shot at one yet. When you slow down to take a picture, they run into the woods. Hope to have better luck with the blacks at Fish Creek.
Till next time
Duane and Louise






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My "bear" charm must have rubbed off on you :). The photos were great, loved the one carrying the big salmon and the "dancing bears" best. Can't wait to see what else comes to the river tonight. Got your tree climbing spikes on?