Thursday, March 15, 2007

Organ Pipe National Monument








We are on the move again. Left Casa Grande and headed for Organ Pipe National Monument. We stayed in the park for one night. It was kind of high priced for what you got. $12.oo for no hook ups, nice pad to park on, pretty park, but no hookups! We only stayed there for one night then moved on to Quartsite, AZ. We are parked in the desert on BLM Land, it's free. Going to stay here till Monday. We'll move to Joshua Tree National park area then. Well maybe we will. Jeremy called today to tell me I got a jury summons. I have no idea what they will say when I tell them I'm on the way to Alaska. I hope they let me put it off till November. I will call them in the morning to find out.
The first picture is the Organ Pipe Cactus, it only grows in this area of of U.S. The bloom is the bloom on the next cactus you see. This is the only thing in bloom right now. The arch is on a 23 miles loop drive in the park. Notice the little arch on top of the big one. The arch is about 40 feet high and 170 feet long.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: