Saturday, April 06, 2019

Long Day

I can sum up my first full day home after my surgery with one word--gas.  Anyone who has had abdominal surgery can relate.  It helped a lot to walk around the rv park several times.  I managed two such walks before severe thunderstorms and pouring rain set in for 5 hours.  On a positive note our son Jeremy, daughter-in-law Jennifer, and grandkids Allie and Luke stopped by for a visit and brought really good pizza so that I didn't have to cook.  I really appreciated the concern that prompted the visit.  The rest of the day I paced around the house in between rests (see I Survived!!! blog).  I finished my book--End Of Watch--which ended the Stephen King trilogy (see Countdown blog).  Now I've moved on to Louis L'Amour's Frontier Stories for a change of pace.  I have taken to reading because my brain isn't interested in working puzzles just yet.  It seems that all my energy is directed to healing my injured parts.  Anyone who has had any surgery at all will understand that too, and that each day is a little bit better than the one before.

Working it one day at a time.

Louise and Duane

No comments: