Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Countdown


At last the clouds have cleared and the beautiful sun once again controls the sky.  The temperatures are gradually getting warmer again, although the breeze remains cool. 

We had no activities planned for today, but still managed to find something to do.  Duane washed two weeks of Texas red clay and pine pollen from the truck and spruced up the bike.  Then he went for a spin (on the bike) to try out his new helmet. 

I have a straw hat that is too small.  I took it apart and made it bigger.  I also defrosted the freezers.  For exercise I took a walk along the road rolling over the hills.  I haven't found anything interesting to photograph lately, and decided to read instead. (Yes I can read and walk safely at the same time.)  My current book is End Of Watch, the last in a series of three by Stephen King.  With the other two, Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers relate a series of related incidences and events surrounding characters introduced in the first book.  Don't be thinking "horror".  These books are very like a prime-time tv drama--Hitchcock with a twist of Twilight Zone if you will.

Tomorrow is my pre-op visit with my surgeon.

Louise and Duane

No comments: