Saturday, April 13, 2019

Happy Birthday!

My birth certificate claims I am 68 today, but I know I'm only 11.  (Yes, I was born on Friday.)  Duane, son Jesse, daughter-in-law Katelyn and I  celebrated my day by starting with breakfast at a place called The Picket Fence.  I'd style it as trendy Tex Mex with offerings ranging from omelets and waffles to Eggs Benedict. 

We'd left Bella at a local school where she participated in an intraschool reading competition.  Her team celebrated my day by coming in fourth out of 11 schools.  

Back home the family whipped up some shortcake for strawberries and whipped cream.
.  
Bella did her best to be entertaining by hiding in the kitchen  (see PS below)


and "napping" with her "brother".

  After lunch and shortcake we learned yet another version of Uno called Uno  Attack!  In this game, instead of taking 2 or 4 cards you tap that red machine 2 or 4 times.  It throws out a random number of cards from 0 to 8.  It is actually fun.  

Dinner at our favorite steakhouse--Texas Roadhouse, 

then back home to round out the evening with a game of Mexican Train Dominoes.

Thanks for the fun birthday to everyone here and everyone who called.

Visit's almost over.

Louise and Duane

PS  Bella is curled up on the counter in the left-hand corner.  The strip of blue is her shirt and her face is that light spot to the right.

No comments: