Wednesday, April 03, 2019

All Set--Almost

Last week when I went to my pre surgery assessment, I was told that I would have my surgery Thursday afternoon and go home in the evening.  When I visited my surgeon today, I was informed that I will be spending the night at the hospital tomorrow after my procedure.  This is fine with me.  Surgery, even if it takes less than an hour, is still surgery, and I will rest easier  under professional observation for a while after my procedure.   My doctor also told me that my surgery was moved from 1 pm to 12:30 pm.  This suits me also. It may be only a half hour, but it's that much sooner.

Today I did my preop prep.  Besides speaking with my surgeon, I stocked up on groceries, made chocolate chip cookies, finished my straw hat project (see Countdown blog), and took my two showers--one with regular body wash, the other with germicidal soap.  Tomorrow morning I have to do the two shower routine again, and go to the hospital.  The only drawback to the showers is that I can't use any lotion on my dry skin.  O well. 

Glad it's almost over.

Louise and Duane

No comments: