Saturday, March 09, 2019

Unbelievable!


This morning we were greeted with showers that quickly turned into a real Texas frog strangler.  In typical east Texas fashion, by the time I settled on the couch with my hot cocoa and my book, the rain had raced away east and left us with blue sunny skies.  I enjoyed my cocoa and book nonetheless.

After lunch when the sun had time to dry things a bit, we walked down the street from the rv park to find a geocache, something hidden that can be found using a handheld gps unit.
We had to walk under I20 which is clearly visible from the park.


The gps led us to one of these trees

where we found the cache,  this time an old Thermos.

I signed the log, deposited a trinket, and replaced the cache.

On the way home the weather was so very fine that we decided to continue walking for a bit.  The sky was a brilliant blue, the sun warm and the breeze cool.  Perfect!  At last the beautiful spring weather has arrived.

Another do nothing day tomorrow, then we get busy.

Louise and Duane

No comments: