Thursday, March 28, 2019

Passed PASS

Well, that was not at all what I expected!  When I arrived at my pre-op screening today, I was checked in by initialing and (electronically) signing the usual privacy documents.  Then I initialed and signed my pre-admittance papers for the hospital.  After a bit Duane (at my request) and I were taken to an exam room where a nurse checked my blood pressure, blood oxygen level, and temperature, went over my medical history, and gave me pre-op instructions for the next week.  Next a doctor examined my lungs/breathing, and skimmed over my medical history.  He said that since my blood work was current and I had had an ekg within the last ten years, no tests were necessary.  He pronounced me unusually healthy for a person my age and said I was good to go.  I was told to allow 2 hours for this procedure.  We were out of there in 1 1/2 hours, (some of it spent waiting), thanks to my recent annual checkup , my current inoculations (flu, pneumonia, shingles),and my overall good health.  This process is called PASS for Pre Admittance Surgery Screening, which earned me a Patient Arrival Notice. On the day of my surgery, the notice tells the hospital admissions clerk that I'm already checked in with the proper paperwork.  One more pre-op visit with my surgeon, and I'm ready for the big day-except for the nervous wait of course! (LOL)

We get to relax for the weekend, then back to the eye doctor on Monday for Duane's first laser treatment. 

The fun never ends.

Louise and Duane

No comments: