Thursday, July 12, 2018

I’ve Heard It Said…

You know you’re old when you grew up with the stuff you see in antique shops and museums.  This was very evident when we visited the Gunnison Pioneer Museum.  The Museum grounds house 24 buildings (many historic) which house the many displays of donated artifacts and memorabilia.

IMG_5763

A plain black phone lived at our house.

IMG_5639

Nothing like an ice cold bottle of Pepsi!   I used to walk to the neighborhood store collecting these bottles.  I would redeem them for 5 cents each, enough for an old comic book with the front cover removed.

IMG_5672

Yup.  My mom used one of these for a long time.  We hung wet clothes outside on a clothesline.

IMG_5679

No tissues for us.  Everyone—men/boys, women/girls carried a handkerchief.

IMG_5683

Every car had lots of chrome, lots of engine, leg, and trunk room, and lots of style.

IMG_5691

The comment “look it up”  sent me to the dictionary or encyclopedia.

IMG_5709

I heard my rock n roll on the radio.

IMG_5719

Mom used one of these for Dad’s business.  I didn’t need one until high school.

IMG_5735

Everyone says the “good ole days”  were a lot simpler.  I’m sure our great-grandchildren will say the same about the way we’re living now.

No ride today-just chores and rain.

Louise and Duane

No comments: