Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Change Is Growth?


When we sold our house and went on the road 12 years ago, I lamented having to give up my vinyl record collection (which I started when I was in high school) because I had no place to put my record player.  I adapted by changing to 8-track tapes and player.  Not long after that I had to change to cassette tapes and player, then to cd's and a cd/dvd player.  Each time I had to give up many old "friends" and and collect new music because my old music wasn't being preserved on the latest medium. 

This week on the news I listened to the newscasters complaining because Best Buy and other big box stores are  no longer going to sell cd's/dvd's because everyone streams their music and videos.  "How can I play my music when I can't afford to buy a new computer?" one person asked.  Another said that a lot of  "older laptops" don't have compatible software for streaming.  

This started me asking again the question I raised when all tv's were changed to hd: Who planned all this obsolescence and is raking in the bucks?  


All I know is that we aren't!

Louise and Duane

No comments: