Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Mixed Results

My jelly experiment from the other day (see Pins And Needles blog), turned out ok and not ok.  The first batch which I boiled longer may be ok.  It seems to be the consistency of syrup, but will still be good on bagels or ice cream.  The rest of it needs to have more heat and pectin.  I’m ok with both results.  The first batch is usable and the second batch—I guess the term is “third time’s a charm”.

The cherry pie was good while it was still warm from the oven, but set up nicely as it cooled and was even better the next day.  I’m very satisfied with that.

For the last three days I have been trying to wash my windows.  In the morning the sun shines on them.  In the afternoons the heat builds up. Thunder rumbles (that means lightning) and sometimes we get sprinkles.  Today the storms cleared off and left the evening sunny,cool and dry.  I was finally able to get those windows cleaned.  That feels pretty good.

We had hoped to do some hiking while we were in the area, but the weather has been mid 90’s by 9am and over 100 by early afternoon.  We walk or play a couple games of pickleball most mornings, but do indoor chores or goof off in the afternoons.

One more day here outside Cottonwood, AZ.

Louise and Duane


No comments: