Sunday, March 04, 2018

Laziness

The overcast persisted most of the day today, with short periods of thinning clouds which didn't quite let the sun shine through.  These bright periods came between longer periods of dark clouds and misty showers.  We braved (?) the clouds and mist through a couple of teaching games of pickleball with our students Craig and Tommy before we decided that the court was getting too wet and went home to hole up for the rest of the day. 

Mostly Duane watched tv and played around on computer.  I cooked, which means that made a dish which takes some time and effort.  I did some outdoor chores, but most of the day I read a book I borrowed from the park library.  The book is Forrest Carter's Josey Wales,  the story that Clint Eastwood used in his movie, The Outlaw Josey Wales.  The book is comprised of two stories, Gone To Texas which is the basis of the movie, and The Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales, which is a sequel to the first.  I finished GTT and was pleased to note that, with a few small changes, the movie held pretty close to the book.  Mr. Carter was a good story teller and writer.  I always enjoy good writing and am happy to recommend this book to any Western readers.  I'll let you know about the next book.

Not a bad way to enjoy a Sunday.

Louise and Duane

No comments: