Monday, March 26, 2018

Busy In Tyler


Today was our first doctor appointment for our annual checkups or, as I call them, our annual poke, probe, and squeeze.  I failed my cholesterol blood test--too much cheesy pasta and rice recently, I guess.  Duane passed, but he cheats.  He uses a prescription statin to keep his cholesterol in check.  We both received our pneumococcal pneumonia vaccines and were declared good to go in that department.  Our appointments weren't until 1:30 and 2:30, but our blood tests called for fasting.  We went for the blood draw about 10 am, then used one of our restaurant Christmas gift cards for lunch at Salt Grass Steakhouse.  After our doctor visits, we stopped by Camping World for a couple of things, then went home until 6:30.  We went back to Tyler to the Glass Community Center to play evening pickleball.  We arrived first and started setting up nets.

A lot of the players here competed recently in a tournament.  They played the way the pros play, starting back for the serve and return,

then rushing to the net for close play.

Duane was able to hold his own, though the guy on the front left is a college student and won second place with his partner in the tournament.

After a couple of hours everyone left except these four.  Game over, we all took down nets and went home.  All evening my arm hurt from my pneumonia vaccine, except when I was playing.  I needed all my concentration to play against this group.  

Tomorrow, a goof off day.

Louise and Duane  

1 comment:

where's weaver said...

Oh dear Louise. What do you need to do about your cholesterol? You are so thin...just proves that it doesn't matter what you look like, it is all inside that matters.