Thursday, December 01, 2011

On the move

We left Deming Tuesday morning heading east. We arrived in Van Alstyne, TX about 4 pm Wednesday. I told Louise if I ever decide to drive that far pulling the trailer again, kick me in behind...... The drive was 800 miles. That may not sound to far to those that are not full time rvers, but to most of us , that is a long way in 2 days. We normaly only go 250 and stay a day or 2. We were going to stop at Pecos, TX SKP park but they were full, so we kept going. It was dark when got to Midland, TX where there was a rv park that we called and they had a pull through open so we did not have to disconnect. I talked to the lady about how to get there, we could not find it. Called her back, she said we went east, should have gone west. We found a place to turn the rig around, could not find it. Called them back, we are on the wrong side of the interstate!! Did I mention it was dark and I don't see well after dark..... We finally got there and hooked up, I was TIRED. 400 miles down. We left about 8:30 the next morning heading to Van Alstyne, TX. another 400 miles.
We are staying at a place that is listed in the SKP travel book for overnight stay. It is on the grounds of a "store and lock" place. The man that owns it is an SKP member and allows other members to stay for free on his property. We are parked under an rv shed with 50 amp service, no water or sewer. I filled the water tank before we got here. I ask him if we could stay till Monday, he said "you can stay as long as you like", what a deal.
After getting hooked up we headed to Duane Jr and Brandey's for a visit. They had a church meeting to go to so we got to keep the twins while they were gone, what a hoot they are. Two 2 year olds are hard on an old man, but a heck of a lot of fun to wacth and play with. We will be heading back over there a little later in the day.
Duane and Louise

4 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

I'm not sure which is more exhausting...driving 400 miles in a day or keeping track of two two year olds. :)

The Bright's said...

I HATE it when we travel in the dark! Way too stressful. So whats your hurry? Glad you found a good spot for a break.

where's weaver said...

I have no idea where Van Alstyne, TX, is. I am going to have to look that one up.
Can I help Louise kick you in the behind?
Can't wait to see some pictures of the twins. I want to see how big they have grown.
Enjoy your visit. Get some rest!!!

rodger schaap said...

It's your own fault you know better. We are still up here in Ruidoso in the snow waiting for our mail to show up. Have a great holiday season.
Rodger & Lynn