Monday, December 05, 2011

Moved to Kilgore

We left Van Alstyne, TX today heading to Kilgore, TX. When we left Deming a week ago I had to put air in one of the trailer tires. I figured that after setting for 5 months the valve stem may have leaked a bit. Leaving Van Alstyne this morning I had to add air to the same tire. We got about 50 miles down the road and the Pressure Pro Tire system we have went off that the tire was low again. I stopped at a station and put air in thinking I could make it to Kilgore. About 10 miles later the alarm went off, low again. Just so happened that there was a tire shop right down the road. I pulled in and they pulled the tire right away. There was a big split on the inside of the tire. I could put my fingers between the tread and the steel belting. We were REAL lucky that the tire did not blow up and tear something up. I will check the rest of the tires as soon as the weather dries out a bit. I think I may have to replace all of them. When I went to hook up the sewer hose I discovered the it was split in 6 or 7 places. So tomorrow I will have to pick up a new one. 6 truck tires, 6 trailer tires, sewer hose and doctor bills this month, not a good month for the pocket book.
This evening we headed off to visit son Jeremy and his family. We will be visiting with them this week and Saturday all the TX kids are coming here for a Christmas get together. Next week it's doctors.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

3 comments:

Paul Weaver said...

Sorry to hear about the tires ($$$$). Add Christmas ($$$$) to the list....YIKES!

Regardless, enjoy the kidos! Merry Christmas!

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Oh boy...thank the Dear Lord that you two are safe! Even with our new tires I worry about a blow out. We hope you have a wonderful Blessed celebration with the kids this week! Merry Christmas!

Rodger said...

And I thought I had problems. Sorry to hear about the tires. glad you had the pressure pro. My PP has saved me a number of times. Hang in their and have a happy holiday.