Monday, April 09, 2018

All Smiles

Establishing our doctors in Tyler led us to abandon our long-time dentist in Shreveport (LA) for a new one here.  We saw two different dentists so that we could be treated at the same time.  Nice.  I was called first.  I was asked to sit on a stool and had my blood pressure recorded.  I was draped in lead and had a thingy put in my mouth and told to bite while the tech popped around of the corner.  This was repeated several times.  Next the tech stuck a bigger thingy in my mouth and held it in various positions while she aimed a thing like a hair dryer at the thingy.  She took off my lead drape and asked me to step into the next room.  I was redraped in lead, then asked to step under a machine and bite the projection in front of my face while two bars swirled around my head taking more ex rays.  After that I went into an exam room and lounged on the couch.  I was able to view the results of all of those ex rays.  I could see every surface of my teeth--the tops, the root tips and everything between.  Interesting.  After a bit my dentist came in and cleaned my teeth, then an assistant polished them.  Duane reported that he had the same treatment.  We agreed that we experienced several firsts on this visit:  we were seen by different dentists, we had ex rays taken three different ways--one in a machine, and the dentist cleaned our teeth whereas before the "dental hygienist" cleaned and polished our teeth before the dentist came in.

We were both told that we had good teeth with no problems and left with bright smiles.  To reward ourselves we enjoyed unlimited soup, salad, and bread sticks at Olive Garden.  Delicious.  We left with our stomachs full and our smiles still in place;   lunch was free thanks to our daughter Rachel and our favorite son-in-law Benji.  They gave us a gift card for Christmas.  Thanks, kids!

Chore day tomorrow.

Louise and Duane


No comments: