Monday, October 25, 2010

The "HAIL" you say

What's left of the vent covers
Hail stones on the ground

Louise holding some of the stones, BIG HUH !!!!
The first night spent in Shreveport was an exciting one! About 10 PM it started to pour rain followed by pouring hail stones. It sounded like a 1000 hammers hitting the roof. Then the sound of breaking! The hail stones were riddling the roof vents. I had put Max Air covers on 2 of the vents that we keep open a lot. The 2 that we hardly use I didn't put covers on, BIG MISTAKE!!!! The ones with the covers survived just fine, the ones without, not so much. As soon as the hail stopped I headed to the roof to put plastic over the broken covers to keep the rain out till I could get them fixed. It was lightening and raining so I didn't spend much time up there. Luckily it didn't rain much after that. This morning I had to go get some blood work done for one of the doctor appointments that we are here for, then we headed to the rv supply place here in town. They had the covers in stock that we needed and I picked up Max Air covers to put over the new ones. We seem to be the lucky ones here. Some of the rv's have broken air conditioning covers and fridge vent covers. Several had awnings out that look like they were hit by a shotgun loaded with really big shot. The truck has some dents in it to, but not to bad. I hope that is the last of the hail storms we have to go through, but I doubt it. Oh the life on the road....lol
Till next time
Duane and Louise


2 comments:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

You must have got the storm that we were in. That looks very scary. Glad you two are doing fine. I love the pictures. The kids are so CUTE!!! Hope all works out well at the doctor, dentist, etc. appointments.

Paul Weaver said...

Oh my gosh....I can't believe those hail stones! I guess even though you had some damage, you were lucky you got off as well as you did! What's the roof look like???

Take car and stay out of hail!

Paul (and Marsha)