Friday, April 18, 2008

Walking Stick Class

Hoyt the Instructor
Top of walking stick

The leaves still have to be colored
The hand hold
The walking stick class I took was very interesting. We spent the first day working on the top of the stick and the handhold. I chose to do a mountian man head. The hat has a turquoise inlay in it. The second day was spent doing all the leaves and background. I have to tint the leaves and then seal the stick. When I get it finished I will post more pics of it. I will be painting the little girl and posting her also. I feel that my week here has been very helpful. I hope with what I have learned this week my carvings will get better and better. Tomorrow we will head back to the park at Lake Lewisville and back to work on Tuesday.
We seem to be living right when it comes to all the storms that this area has had lately. The bad part of the storm last night hit about 30 miles to the north of where we are. They had baseball size hail up there. It broke a lot of car windows and dented the heck out of the cars.
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: