Saturday, October 21, 2006

Still in Texas



Well we are still in Texas. We were to have the radiator in the coach fixed on Friday, but that turn into a real mess. When I called to set up the appointment, I told the service writer that the coach was a Monaco with a Cummins engine and the radiator was leaking. The guy set up the time to bring it in. We had to wait a week and a half to get it in. When I arrived the man on the desk told me that they didn't work on Monacos. He said that the radiator was the responsibility of the chassis manufacture, go figure. I called Monaco support, he said that the closest place to have that worked on was in Dallas. I told him that I didn't want to drive it that far with a bad radiator. He talked to the man on the desk for 10 minutes, then told me if I wanted to pay for the work Monaco would pay me back as long as the repair people followed their rules. I went back in to tell the guy to go ahead and fixed it but was told that they would not follow the rules from Monaco. Sooooooo, I call Monaco back and they say I would not get payed back if they didn't do it right. I told Monaco to set up the appointment in Dallas. Got to Dallas with no overheating. Got up the next day to find antifreeze under the coach. We take it in to the repair center on Monday. We are staying at Duane and Brandey's house while the coach is being repair. When we get the coach back we will be off to Georgia for a while. We were going to go to Fort Lauderdale, Fl for Louise's aunts 91 birthday. Got a call the other day that she had passed away. So I don't think we will be going there now. We will spend 3 or 4 weeks in Georgia then head back to Texas for Christmas.

Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: