Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good News Bad News

Lets start with the good news. I was told today that I will be released from work on June 30. We can finally start making plans for our travels. We think we will be heading up to Indiana first to have some work done on the satellite if I can get an appointment at the factory. Then to Canada to go fishing with Stacy and Carrie. Then to Ohio for our granddaughter's birthday.

Now the bad news.... I have been diagnosed with cancer on my right kidney. I am going into the hospital Monday the 19th to have it removed. The doctor said he is 90% sure he can get it all with laparoscopic surgery. If everything goes alright I should be up and ready to travel by the second week of July. I won't know about what follow up I will need till after the surgery.

That's the good and the bad of it. I will post again as soon as I can sit up to type.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your retirement nailed down. We're praying for your surgery. You should ask for some pics from the laproscope to upload. They would make a fascinating post.
-Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Turn it all into "GOOD NEWS"! Will be thinking of you.

Tim and Carolyn